Terms & Conditions
We’re delighted you want to participate in the Australian Virtual Assistant Awards hosted by Seed Virtual Assistants.
This page details our ‘terms and conditions’, and if you want to participate in the awards program, you’ll need to adhere to a few things that we’ve outlined for you below.
As with any fair competition, if you don’t comply with these terms, we have the right to disqualify you or declare your entry ineligible so it’s important to take note of these terms.
Nominating in or entering the awards
Instructions on how to nominate and enter the Awards categories are set out at www.seedvirtualassistants.om.au/awards. These sections also form part of the terms. Entries must be submitted by the 31st of July 2023 via the category specific online form, and anything you include in your entry form must be true and correct to be eligible.
Terms of reference
‘Awards’ refers to the Australian Virtual Assistant Awards entity.
‘We, us, our’ refers to Seed Virtual,Assistant and the Awards sponsors and event partners.
Any reference to ‘you’ or ‘your’ includes you within your personal capacity, as representative of the business, and as the business being entered into the Awards.
Rules of entry:
1. MINIMUM ENTRY STANDARDS
In order to enter the Awards, the business must:
- Be located within Australia only
- Have an Australian Business Number
- Both individuals and businesses must have been nominated during the nomination period to be eligible for entry as a category applicant.
2. BUSINESS ENTRANT CRITERIA
- Additional specific criteria for entry eligibility for each category also applies and is detailed at www.seedvirtualassistants.com.au/awards
- Businesses may enter as many categories as they like, but are limited to two categories as a finalist, and can only win one category.
- Businesses that enter a category that is not suited to their core business, may have their application removed from that category at the discretion of the Awards judging panel.
3. ENTRY EXCLUSIONS
The following businesses are excluded from entry:
- Commercial supplier of the Awards
- 2023 sponsors of the awards
- Judges of the Awards program in 2021, 2022 or 2023.
- Any business or individual that has been subject to court proceedings in the prior 12 months from the close of entry date including the owner or founder’s personal capacity.
- In 2023, there are 7 categories forming our awards program, these are outlined at www.seedvirtualassistants.com.au
- Not all categories may be awarded a winner if there are not enough applications received, or the standard of application is not high enough for the award to proceed.
5. SHORTLISTING AND JUDGING
The judging process is held over two stages:
- Stage 1: Submission shortlisting and scoring
- Stage 2: Finalist reference submission review and scoring
Judges will review each of the written applications and provide a score for each question between 1-5 points.
This score is calculated in consideration of how accurately each question is answered compared to the criteria provided, the business excellence displayed within the answer, and the overall quality, depth and value of the information provided by the entrant and the referee.
The total score will then be tallied, and 5 finalists will be determined from shortlisting and 1 winner will be determined in the final application.
Each category must have a minimum of five eligible nominations for the category judging process to proceed.
6. FINALIST ANNOUNCEMENTS
Category finalists will be announced on by the 18th of August 2023, and then the second stage of judging will be scheduled.
All finalists are encouraged to attend the Virtual Awards Event on the 27th of October 2023, where the winner of each category will be announced.
Further Terms and Conditions
1. PRIVACY AND DATA COLLECTION
Our privacy statement will apply for your involvement in the Awards. As part of your participation we collect all kinds of information relating to you and your business, including your responses to the entry forms which are then used to generate a Judges report. We may share this information with our related entities, business partners, sponsors or other third party service providers engaged to help us with the awards ONLY for the purpose of administering the awards program. By submitting an application, you consent to those parties with access to your information to use it to administer the awards with no third party use. If you would like to access or correct the personal information that we hold about you, or wish to withdraw your consent to receive awards material email [email protected]
2. WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU
If you choose to submit an application and enter the awards, you will need to ensure that anyone important to your organisation such as business owners, founders or officers are available to complete requirements like judging information requests, and providing reference details.
You agree that we may use your logo, business identity, details about your business or personal identity in any way in any material which promotes the awards or the products or services of us or our Sponsors.
You agree to allow us and the Sponsors to contact you to provide comments about the awards and to take photos or video footage of you, your business and your representative(s), and use any of the material collected as part of your participation. If we do use any of the materials listed above, you grant us a royalty free, perpetual and irrevocable licence to use the materials for promotional purposes.
3. GENERAL TERMS
We reserve the right, at any time, and in our sole discretion to:
- request entrants to provide proof of identity and/or proof of valid entry
- disqualify any entrant who we have reason to believe has breached any of these conditions or engaged in any unlawful or other improper conduct or any conduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion.
Entries are accepted at the time of receipt by us. We will not be held liable for any entries not received for any reason during the promotion period.
4. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
All intellectual property rights related to the awards, including the information and data we collect, belong to Seed Virtual Assistants. You also assign, including by way of a present assignment, and assignment of all rights that may arise in the future, all intellectual property rights related to any and all materials that arise in relation to your participation in the awards.
To the extent permitted by law, we will not be liable for any loss or damage or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the Awards. You will indemnify us and our officers, employees or agents against any loss or liability from any claim or action that arises as a result of a breach of these terms by you, or your use of the materials or information supplied by you under these Terms. You irrevocably and unconditionally consents to all acts being done that would otherwise breach your Moral Rights.
If you have any questions relating to the Terms and Conditions of the 2023 Australian Virtual Assistant Awards Program please email us at [email protected]